Today marks the second anniversary of Lexington’s first COVID-19 case.
Through the end of the first two years, the city has had 91,474 COVID-19 cases and 564 deaths:
· March 8, 2020-March 7, 2021: 32,600 cases, 297 deaths
· March 8, 2021-March 7, 2022: 58,874 cases, 267 deaths
The CDC has a new tool to measure community levels of COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html), and Fayette County is currently listed as high. This means the CDC recommends:
- Wearing a mask indoors in public
- Staying up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Getting tested if you have symptoms
Additional precautions may be needed for people at high risk for severe illness.
If you are not yet vaccinated, or haven’t completed the series including the booster dose, we have the COVID-19 vaccines available by same-day appointment every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday by calling 859-288-2483.
Thank you, Lexington, for doing your part during this worldwide pandemic!
#LexingtonKy #TeamKentucky #TogetherKy #PublicHealth #GetVaxxedYall