Protect yourself, your family and your friends this fall and winter with a FREE flu shot! We’re giving up to 1,000 free flu shots 3-7 p.m. Oct. 13 at Consolidated Baptist Church, 1625 Russell Cave Road. Walk-ins are accepted, and registration blocks can be made at www.lfchd.org/flushots2022. (En espanol: www.lfchd.org/gripe2022espanol).
Please stay home if you have currently tested positive for COVID-19, are under isolation or quarantine orders or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are required for everyone ages 2 and older. The COVID-19 vaccine is not available at the one-day flu shot clinic.
“An annual flu shot is the best way to fight the flu each fall and winter,” LFCHD spokesperson Kevin Hall said. “The flu shot remains important this year as we remain in the COVID-19 pandemic. It can help reduce the overall impact on respiratory illnesses on the population, which will lessen the burden on our healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
In addition to helping prevent you from getting sick with flu, a flu shot can reduce the severity of your illness if you do get flu and reduce your risk of a flu-associated hospitalization.
The seasonal flu shot is recommended for all people ages 6 months and older and is especially important for people at the highest risk of serious complications from the flu: infants and young children, pregnant women, anyone with underlying medical conditions and adults 50 and older.
• Everyone ages 2 and older MUST wear a mask throughout the event.
• When you arrive, please be prepared to provide the name of each person registered to receive a flu shot.
• Do not wear long-sleeve or tight-fitting clothing/tops since the vaccine will be given in your upper arm.
• The COVID-19 vaccine will NOT be available at this special clinic. The COVID-19 vaccine is available by same-day appointment Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in our Public Health Clinic. Call 859-288-2483 to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine.
• The monkeypox vaccine will NOT be available at this special clinic. The monkeypox vaccine is available by same-day appointment Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in our Public Health Clinic. Register online at www.lfchd.org/monkeypox to schedule your monkeypox vaccine.