Starting Monday, Aug. 23, third doses of the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines will be available for immunocompromised people by same-day appointment every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in our Public Health Clinic at 650 Newtown Pike. Call 859-288-2483 to schedule your appointment. The third dose can be received four weeks after receiving your second dose.
Please note this is NOT the booster dose for those who received their second dose 6 months ago (learn about the differences here: Information on third dose and booster dose). This is a third dose only for immunocompromised people. Those who need the third dose include people who:
- Have been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Have moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Have advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Have active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
More information about the third dose can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html.
Anyone who has yet to receive their first dose or second dose can also call to schedule their same-day appointment! Our Public Health Clinic offers the Moderna and Janssen vaccines for ages 18 and older and the Pfizer vaccine for ages 12 and older.